Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Art of Buying Coins

image                                                  image

I like to do something special for Katherine, my Goddaughter. My Godparents always looked after me. I went to buy her a yearly savings bond and found out you can no longer walk into a bank and buy one. I want to do something a little more exciting  than going to online Treasury Direct. My  husband gave me the idea of buying Katherine gold. I ventured into Paul A. Brombal Coins and Jewelry and met Christopher who helped me make my way through what to buy and how to stay in our budget. I learned that gold is eternal and enjoyed looking at the prettiest silver dollar ever made. It was a fun outing and I can only hope Katherine has as much fun cashing these in, or not, one day to match the fun I had buying them.

1 comment:

  1. I Love It, it is a great hobby, and your right each rare coin has it's own beauty. I will have to check out his store.

    ReplyDelete