Sunday, August 21, 2011

NECK FACE

image

image

image

image

What I remember about Neck Face at the MOCA Art in the Streets show was his alleyway creation for recreation. He says that fear is his specialty and to walk through the alleyways was as scary as I could only imagine this to be in NYC and walking deep into the streets after dark. He states that there are some cities in the world that haven't had their spines touched by his name. He is known for the high visibility that he gets in the NYC skyline. In some of the graffiti he writes, the words  "born to lose" and "out to lunch". You can see his inspiration by heavy metal. He is a N. Calif boy and he resides in NYC and Australia. Not my favorite, but definitely a force to not mess with.  Dan loved Neck Face.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting work. I lived in NYC in the '70s when it was scary and think that if I'd seen Neck Face's work while rushing through a dark alley on the way home, I'd have been truly frightened.

    ReplyDelete