Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Portrait Entries




These are my portrait entries for the 2013 Outwin Boochever Portrait Competition and the call for entries is Sept.1- Oct 31, 2011. I appreciate the sitters who agreed to participate. Jo Ann, Venus and baby, and Jeremy are my subjects and they all have something to offer the viewer. This is why I love portraits. It is improvisational to photograph someone. The subjects have an important role in the project. There is always an energy that happens between the subject and the person behind the lens. It can be magical. These were shot with a Hasselblad 1984 with Portra 120 400S film. The backgrounds are never my concern the backgrounds are my enhancers.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful...thought provoking...hope you take home first place in the competition! Venus and baby is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I really like them all, but my #1 choice is Jeremy, I think his eyes caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love them all, My favorite is JoAnn, she has a very peaceful look to her. Great Portrait.

    ReplyDelete